waters, they affect 240 health million people worldwideChildren, the most affectedwhether the effects of drinking water are for everyone, the evidence shows that it ensues with children, mainly those under 5 years old. So much so that, according to Clemencia Mayorga, a pediatrician, a member of the Colombian health Association of Pediatrics, eight out of every 10 deaths of children under one year are caused by water-related diseases health.
And he adds that some studies
mention that access to safe water can decrease the risk of dying in the first year of life by up to 34 percent.Eight out of every 10 deaths of children under one year are health caused by water-related diseases: Vanexa Romero – THE TIEMPOEl impure water in the body in a developing child can lead to processes in the bowel that promote malnutrition, which causes a low defenses and, in turn, makes the body more vulnerable to any infectious process, not only the stomach but also in any organ, including the respiratory tract. Hence, many deaths from pneumonia are also health directly related to this problem. Not to mention that the lack of optimal water for consumption is one of the first steps health
towards chronic malnutrition in those who manage to survive, with the aggravation that these deficiencies prevent optimal brain development and the ability to cope autonomously with adult life. ” The lack of water is a determining factor in the deepening of poverty because it condemns health several generations to suffer its consequences, ” says Mayorga. Not to mention that the lack of optimal water for
- consumption is one of the first steps towards chronic malnutrition in those who manage to survive, with the aggravation that these deficiencies prevent optimal brain development and the ability to cope autonomously with adult life. ” The lack of water is a determining factor in the deepening of poverty health because it condemns several generations to suffer its consequences, ” says Mayorga.coronavirus Wuhan, which has infected already in Spain to more than 380 people, it is known that just affects children, but can become a focus of transmission.
- On the other hand, people over the age of 75 and those over the age of 65 with previous pathologies make up the risk group, as recalled by the World Health Organization. For this reason, experts call on their relatives to precauciones.De the six people with the virus who have died so far, the youngest was 69 years old and all had complications with other pathologies. Two of them were in elderly homes, in which 24 people health
have been infected health
The director of the Coordination Center for health alerts and emergencies, Fernando Simon, has acknowledged that the Ministry of Health has “concerns” about the effect of coronavirus on a “fragile population”, where the lethality “may be higher than expected”, although there are still no conclusive studies on this.Risk of similar contagion, except in patients inmunodeprimidosLa possibility for the elderly, and the sick of being infected by coronaviruses is “similar” to that of people younger and disease-free, exposed to RTVE.is the coordinator of the working group of Infectious Diseases of the Spanish Society of Internal Medicine (SEMI), José Manuel Ramos.The risk of contagion is higher, however, among health immunocompromised patients, such as those who have received a transplant, cancer patients and others taking
specific medications that health disable their immune system.Although coronavirus is not a particularly aggressive virus and tends to compare with the common flu, it can more or less seriously complicate previous diseases, something that is especially complicated when it comes to “pluripatological ” people, Ramos points out.Complications of previous diseasesthe health aggressiveness of the virus will be greater, exposes, among “the oldest people, diabetics, patients with lung diseases or with insufficiency ” in some organs: “The greatest risk is that coronavirus health
- will complicate problems you already have.”For example, people with respiratory dysfunctions may suffer from “more dysneas – – choking and difficulty breathing -” if they have heart failure, diabetes can be unbalanced and the kidney can be damaged more; or, if they have a fever, they can end up suffering
- from kidney failure,” Ramos said.That is why he has health pointed out that, “when several organs fail” in a patient and contracts the coronavirus, the consequences can be “more serious”.Protocol for residential care for older peopleoften, people who are in residential care and older have complex backgrounds and are multi-medicated for a variety of issues, making them particularly at risk. The
doctor warns that if there is a contagion
in an elderly Center, the chances of other people from the same environment becoming infected is higher.Precisely, the Ministry of Health is finalizing the elaboration of a special protocol to apply in nursing homes in relation to possible cases of coronavirus, in which the imserso and the Spanish Society of Geriatrics health and Gerontology (SEGG) are participating.From the Association of Directors and managers of Social Services of Madrid, Alvaro Revilla has highlighted in TVE that these professionals are “accustomed to facing situations like these” since every year they have to deal with “a flare up of the flu”. For this reason, he has called for peace of mind to the relatives of people admitted: “it is no
- t a situation in which the alarm should be raised”.Prevention of family members: fewer visits and more hand hygiene pero Ramos points out that not everything depends on professionals and calls on family members to take precautions and follow the recommendations of health authorities to avoid risks. In particular,
- it advises relatives of people who are admitted to make fewer visits and more spaced to ” avoid exposure “of the elderly to”outsiders”.It also stresses the importance that those who maintain contact with the population at risk “take great care of hand hygiene, especially when they come into contact with others”. Thus